HELP..My new Intex ultra 18' pool isnt level.....need advice

Jun 20, 2013
Hi I'm new to the forum and I live in RI. I just put up a 18' by 48" deep round Intex ultra pool up on saturday June 15th. The pool has about 6500 gals of water in it right now. When I set up the pool I put it on a tarp right directly on top of my grass just like the directions said to to. I thought the ground was level but it turns out its off by two to three inches and now that the pool is full of water its a little uneven and leaning a bit to the low side. What should I do? Has this happened to anyone? Can I leave the pool like this for this summer and just level the ground next year? I really don't want to drain it if I don't have to. Was thinking of maybe trying to lower the high side by digging under the pool and legs to see if that would help. Any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks,

Steve
titan59

Re: HELP..My new Intex ultra 18' pool isnt level.....need ad

The main problem with it being out of level will be water movement flexing the liner and frame. This is normal to these types of pool. If not leveled to within 3/4-1", you risk the structure failing.

The uprights, horizontals, and the liner ARE your structure, all working together to contain the water. Out of level, you put more stress on the low side, and with flexing of the pool can result in catastrophic failure.

This is why the more expensive (Doughboy etc) have a rigid frame that does not rely on the liner to be part of the structure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.