We have set up a 12x30" Intex frame pool.
I had intended to follow the BBB routines, but decided to start "easy" and bought the HTH startup set for small pools. Chlorine granules, Stabilizer (CYA) and Shock treatment.
My Ph is fine, so I went right to adding chlorine to get it up to 4. Done.
Then I went to add the stabilizer. The instructions said to put the measured amount into the filter. Well, this pool has only the little cartridge filter/pump. I opened the top, water spilled out, but I gamely poured in the stabilizer to the center of the cartridge.
Now I see all the posts about hanging stockings and letting it just hang out in the pool, etc.. Is what I did a horrible mistake? Please don't tell me I have to drain and refill this silly thing. Are the pellets just going to be sitting on the bottom of the pool now? If they do, are they dangerous?
I had planned to keep testing for/adding chlorine for the rest of this week and then do a shock treatment on Sunday evening and test for CYA in the morning.
Many thanks to anyone who can help this newbie.