Low water all winter, tears along top

Onslow

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2010
Kentucky
I'm getting ready to refill my pool which has had a little under a foot of water in it all winter. I've been basically mixing in a little bleach every few days and swirling to keep the algae down.

Near the top I noticed a tear of several inches along with a few other smaller oval patterned holes. I had this problem last year (much bigger holes at lower locations) for which Boxers patched it up nicely and held all summer.

My concern now is that the sun has been zapping the liner. I know it needs replaced but cannot afford to.

Filling the entire pool with water will be risky to say the least. I don't want to patch the new holes until it is full of water. Just worried that the whole thing will rupture and turn into an expensive waste of water.

Wondering if anyone had any thoughts on risks of attempting this?

Sorry, I don't have any advice on your problem but just had to comment on your avatar. I used to watch Keeping Up Appearances with my dad all the time as a kid! Sadly, most people I know have never even heard of it, so I had to laugh when I saw your user name and avatar!

Good luck with your liner!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.