How much to run intex 2650 sand filter?

nate81

May 20, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Does anyone know how much electricity the intex 2,650 gph sand filter requires to run? My rate is .10kwh...and i'm currently running for 12 hrs per day...i think that may be a bit too much.
If i'm running a pump that can displace 2,650 gallons per hour...and i only have 5,000 in my pool....would 4 hours per day be more than sufficient?

The short answer is long enough to keep it clean. There is no one answer for every pool. 4 hours may work just fine but you need to try it to find out.

Mine has been running constantly for two or three weeks now except when doing maintenance. I have done that for a few reasons though. Increasing CYA, lowering TA, adding borates, using SWG during the day to try to keep up with the sun eating the chlorine, etc. All of which required longer running times so it was just easier to let it run. And in full Arizona sun it turns into a spa if I let it sit. Water temp is 80 with it running constantly. Last year it was 98.

I think I may have killed the SWG though by running it too much. I'm going to try cleaning it again because I think I emptied the vinegar before it was completely clean.

I have my electric on budget billing so I pay the same each month. Makes it easier to plan and any spikes are leveled out throughout the year.

If i did my math correctly (not common) it costs me about $0.79 per 12 hours of run time...i was also running mine 24 hours while i raised CYA and cleaned the 'new' water...but i've since reduced to 12 hours....I'm hoping to get it down to just 4 hours per day!

My water temperature was an even 80 degrees this morning....i'd like to get it warmer if i could! :) I'm thinking about getting one of those 2'x20' premade solar heating panels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.