Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How much to run intex 2650 sand filter?

1. Back To Top    #1

How much to run intex 2650 sand filter?

Does anyone know how much electricity the intex 2,650 gph sand filter requires to run? My rate is .10kwh...and i'm currently running for 12 hrs per day...i think that may be a bit too much.
    If i'm running a pump that can displace 2,650 gallons per hour...and i only have 5,000 in my pool....would 4 hours per day be more than sufficient?
    Intex 16'x48" Ultra Frame
    Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Filtration System
    Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How much to run intex 2650 sand filter?

im pretty sure the side of the pump has a amp rating. mine says 6amps so 660watts/hr or .66kw.

Im uncertain if this 6amp rating is start up or continuous draw. I would believe start up would be higher!

I run my pump 4hrs in the am. And then again 4hrs at night.
    15'x4' Metal Frame Intex 3yo (2nd year winterized) 16" 2650gph intex sand filter, Thru wall skimmer, dual inlet/single outlet, 1000gph intex pump (heater) Solar Cover TF-100 testkit, TFPC

3. Back To Top    #3

The short answer is long enough to keep it clean. There is no one answer for every pool. 4 hours may work just fine but you need to try it to find out.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

Mine has been running constantly for two or three weeks now except when doing maintenance. I have done that for a few reasons though. Increasing CYA, lowering TA, adding borates, using SWG during the day to try to keep up with the sun eating the chlorine, etc. All of which required longer running times so it was just easier to let it run. And in full Arizona sun it turns into a spa if I let it sit. Water temp is 80 with it running constantly. Last year it was 98.

I think I may have killed the SWG though by running it too much. I'm going to try cleaning it again because I think I emptied the vinegar before it was completely clean.

I have my electric on budget billing so I pay the same each month. Makes it easier to plan and any spikes are leveled out throughout the year.
    Intex Ultra Frame pool, 16' X 48", Intex SWG, Intex 2650 Sand Filter/Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

If i did my math correctly (not common) it costs me about $0.79 per 12 hours of run time...i was also running mine 24 hours while i raised CYA and cleaned the 'new' water...but i've since reduced to 12 hours....I'm hoping to get it down to just 4 hours per day!

My water temperature was an even 80 degrees this morning....i'd like to get it warmer if i could! I'm thinking about getting one of those 2'x20' premade solar heating panels.
    Intex 16'x48" Ultra Frame
    Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Filtration System
    Taylor K-2006