Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Quick Question, Pool cleaner on craigslist

1. Back To Top    #1

Quick Question, Pool cleaner on craigslist

Hi everyone,

I seem to get a lot of dirt in my pool, havent tested to today but thanks to TFP my levels should be perfect and the water is sparkling. I think my system may have some air leaks around the filter as its not sucking as hard but I dont have time to figure that all out today. Also I'm not sure if Im not sure if I have my eyeballs pointed correctly, I was told to point them in a downward angle to kick the dirt on the bottom up but not really working.

Anyways my question is it would be very helpful to get a vacuum or something to clean the pool with so I dont have to vacuum to waste and screw up my water levels. I saw this Water tech pool blaster on craigslist. They seem to be $130 on Amazon so I think ill try to talk the guy down but can anyone recommend this or should I wait for something else? The other day someone had a polaris automatic robot/pool pump/sand filter/heater on craigslist for FREE! I called within 20 minutes but no one answered or called back

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/for/3858501092.html

http://www.amazon.com/Water-Tech-Pool-B ... laster+max
    Aaron
    26' Octagon, IG Pool, ~16gal, 5-5 1/2' deep, Liner, Sand Filter, Polaris Autoclear salt system, 3/4hp Pump, Pool Blaster Max Vacuum, TF-100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Quick Question, Pool cleaner on craigslist

There is also this Polaris 480 for $150

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/for/3883581890.html

I don't know much about cleaners so please let me know if either of these are decent and if I should try to get them.
    Aaron
    26' Octagon, IG Pool, ~16gal, 5-5 1/2' deep, Liner, Sand Filter, Polaris Autoclear salt system, 3/4hp Pump, Pool Blaster Max Vacuum, TF-100 Test Kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

The polaris 480 appears to be like their 380, which is a pressure side cleaner these require a dedicated pressure line and a dedicated booster pump in order to work. If you don't have these installed already this could be complicated depending on your setup.

Sent via Tapatalk...
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

I bought the blaster max for $85, guy had used it 3 months, looks brand new. thanks
    Aaron