Can anyone point me to an overview of the Pentair multispeed pump line? (or another mfr if there's some problem with this one?) I've tried understanding their site but there are a lot of models and I'm having trouble understanding how they differ.
My pool guy is recommending the InteliPro VS+SVRS. I'd feel better if I understood why that model vs. any of the other similar sounding ones.
Some factors that may be relevant:
1. My pool is inground but the poolhouse is a story below (so pumps are about 5-10 feet below the lowest portion of the water, and 10-15 feet below the top of the water.)
2. The solar panels are on the roof 3 stories up. There's a separate 1/2 HP pump to help get the water up there. I'm concerned based on comments elsewhere that changes in pressure when solar heating is in use will cause the new filter pump to fault.
3. Current pump is an old 2.6 HP single speed model. Its worked well for over 10 years but is starting to leak. Its (probably) more power than was needed but then I'm not really sure what the peak situation looks like.
4. Electricity here on the Big Island is $0.41/kwh. If the new pump can save me any energy, it will pay for itself quickly.
5. The pool control system is a 1995 era ComPool cp3800, which I'm guessing isn't going to interface to these or any other new efficient pumps? I'm hoping that just means I have to input matching programs into two systems or is it a more unsurmountable issue than that?
6. My pool has not had so far but soon will have a SWCG.
Grateful for any pointers or tips. Thanks!