Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Newbie, saying hello

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Newbie, saying hello

Just bought a house with a pool and getting to know both. I've owned a hot tub in the past, so I'm somewhat familiar with water chemistry but I will be needing advice! I hired a pool company to open the pool. It was a swamp, but is now clear. Glad to be here!
    SLAM * Chlorine/CYA Chart * Pool Math * Pool School
    17.5k gal IG Fiberglass, Triton II TR60 Sand Filter, Jacuzzi Magum Force Pump 1.5 hp, 3/4 hp booster, Polaris 280, TF-100 Test Kit with Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Newbie, saying hello

Welcome to TFP!
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome!

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

So I need to get a test kit. I was thinking the Taylor K2006 but the only one on amazon is $100. Is there a trustworthy pool website I should use? The pool place in town doesn't carry any Taylor test kits.
    SLAM * Chlorine/CYA Chart * Pool Math * Pool School
    17.5k gal IG Fiberglass, Triton II TR60 Sand Filter, Jacuzzi Magum Force Pump 1.5 hp, 3/4 hp booster, Polaris 280, TF-100 Test Kit with Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

I got mine from poolsupplyworld.com. Have used them to order a bunch of stuff since then. No issues.

16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Try here. Best bang for the buck, is the TF-100
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.