Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new owner please help me

1. Back To Top    #1

new owner please help me

hello.. im a new pool owner and I need help please ok so I hope someone can help me... ok so I have a 5060 gallon above ground pool. I want to use the bbb codes for my pool.. I went and bought the aqua chem tester to test the water but I have no clue how to use it, I usually used the test strips.. also I tried using the pool calculator and I couldn't get it.. can someone please help me out... thanks so much
    18Kgallon IG vinyl liner
    Hayward DE 4820 filter
    Baltimore MD in full sun til 5pm
    plenty of leafy trees around : )

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: new owner please help me

Welcome to the forum. How does your water look? Tell us what you are trying to accomplish.....clear up a murky pool?
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Fallsburg, NY

Re: new owner please help me

Hello, I'm a new pool owner too, although it isn't set up yet. I'm not familiar with the aqua chem tester (except for their strips), so can't really help with how to run the tests, try looking at the manual that came with it. You should probably think about investing in either the Taylor-K2006 kit or the TF-100 kit so you can report test results that everyone knows are reliable. To get good help here you will need to be able to tell people what the levels of each of the tests/compounds described on the 'ABC's of Water Chemistry' page in the Pool School (big button at the top right). Don't let the word 'chemistry' scare you, it isn't that difficult to understand, and there are only 5 or 6 important numbers/levels to keep track of.
    8638 gallon 20'x52" Intex ultra frame round AG. 2650 gph Intex Sand Filter. Intex krystal Klear SWG. (newer model that includes copper ion generation) Hayward 1091LX skimmer, Kreepy Krauly lil shark. Taylor K-2006 w/speed stir and sample sizer. New this year, Intex PureSpa - dichlor-> bleach method for sanitizing.
    New pool, 16'x36' (approx 18000 gal) in ground pool, Haywood DE filter