Hayward 1hp 230v 2 speed super pump

Jun 20, 2013
So I have a new hayward 2 speed super pump 1 hp and 230volts

There is a toggle switch on back of motor that has 3 wires a black, yellow and blue wire all going to it and the. One white wire

So little confused by the diagram on the motor , I realize it is 240v so needs 2 hot wires and a ground wire and no neutral

The diagram with the toggle switch shows one line going to the black and the other line going to (common) just thought it is weird calling it common on a strictly 230v motor?

Thanks for any help and ill try to attach a picture , picture wasn't working so if u need it I
Can email it

Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

Ignoring the switch, are four connections on the motor: low, high, common, and ground. One hot line is wired to common and the other to either low or high. With a switch, the second hot wire goes to the center pole of the switch and the outer two connections go to low and high. The switch takes care of routing power to either low or high (but not both at the same time).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.