This ain't my first rodeo...BUT!

Feb 22, 2009
Hello again there everyone. I have had continued good luck with my pool after I found you a few years ago. But now not so good and I need advice. I have read back up on the basics and can't seem to figure it out. Husband left the pool cover off all winter :rant: and of course I am trying to open a pond. My levels have pretty much stayed the same for about 2 weeks...
FC-24
CC-1
PH-7.2
TA-80
CH-340
CYA-33

It is trying to turn over but remains very cloudy and I am beginning to wonder if my Calcium is too high? I know we have trouble with calcium in our well. I have opened up the filter and checked the sand. No channeling so I cleaned it out and closed her back up. Pump is a new one installed last year by warranty company and runs fine. I have no way of replacing water due to the fact I would just replace it with the same. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I am overlooking?

Sincerely,

Frustrated and possibly divorced if this don't clear up.

p.s. Dave...I am coming for my refill of R-0013 :lol:

Attachments

• 2013-06-20 16.26.37 (1).jpg
    2013-06-20 16.26.37 (1).jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 2013-06-20 16.26.47 (1).jpg
    2013-06-20 16.26.47 (1).jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 94
There sure is an awful lot of dark area in that pic that looks suspicious to me that are not in the middle. Have you tried vacuuming to waste those areas that don't have a pile of leaves?

Besides possible leaves in the middle, steps like yours are notorious hideouts for algae.

And I guessed before I scrolled down far enough to see that you had a sand filter. Adding some DE would be my third suggestion, after clearing debris and scrubbing the steps.

First make sure you're shocking correctly.

1. 24 FC for 2 weeks straight correct. Hasn't been lower during this time??

2. No leaves or animals in the pool correct. Make darn sure.

If so, maybe some floc will help the process?? Allow all the dead to fall to the ground, then vacuum to waste. It will be added cost, but should speed up the job.

So it's off to get some DE this morning. I have never used it before but I will give it a try. The floc scares the crud outta me but if the DE does not improve it that will be my next try. Thanks guys..will keep posting pics.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.