Just want to say thank you!

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
first off, im on several forums on the net. This is by far the best one ive ever been on, hands down. :party:

my wife and I have always wanted a pool, but were afraid of the upkeep. after years of holding off for one excuse or another, we finally said the heck with it and bought our 18 x 48 intex ultra, figuring it would be a great starter pool.

of course, neither of us knew anything about how to care for a pool other than pools use chlorine. upon my telling some of our family (like my mother) that we bought a pool I received the usual "well, have fun with the headache" line that we have always gotten when it was brought up.

our pool has been up and running for a week now and I have not had a minute of trouble with it. luckily, I found this forum and even after being initially overwhelmed in Pool School, I have bought a K-2006 kit, filled our pool, got it crystal clear with the BBB method that is taught here, and my family has thoroughly enjoyed every minute in our new pool. I have found through this site that pool maintenance is a breeze and is very cheaply done using the BBB method.

i spend 10 minutes every morning testing and adding chemicals to our pool (mainly just bleach most days) and another 10 minutes in the evening with the pool skimmer. pool maintenance is no big deal at all, unlike what was told to me all my life.

I also enjoy driving by the local pool store and grinning widely as I see hordes of "Pool Store Zombies" lugging tons of supplies (most of which are not needed) to their vehicle having spent a lot of $$$ that I now get to save towards more beer to drink while enjoying my pool. :party:

so thank you for having the best, most informative forum on the net, and the pool calculator is the icing on the cake!!!

im definately on this forum to stay!

I agree!! Such a wealth of information and generous, helpful people on here. I'm so glad I found this place, the info makes so much sense. I've read other pool care guides on the internet and they give conflicting info (never use bleach, drain your pool every 3-5 yrs etc).

Our pool has been opened for about a month now and the water has always been crystal clear, and it takes only minutes a day to maintain (usually just needs bleach). So yes, thank you thank you!

Thank you both for those very nice words about the forum.

In the background, the Moderators work hard keeping junk information off the forum, keeping spam off the forum and generally insuring that the forum is a friendly place to visit.

JasonLion, the forum administrator, keeps the technical side of the forum up and runnig with VERY few hitches. We have grown exponentially this summer and he has been hard at work handling the significant traffic load.

Lastly, it's very nice people like ya'll that frequent this place that gives the forum it's character. Thank you. :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.