Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Very Very stupid question....

1. Back To Top    #1

Very Very stupid question....

but you had to look anyway

In my determination to get my pool right and fixed (you can see my thread in signature). I have determined I am missing a couple of the plastic footings on the legs (of course I am). While I finally located a replacement part from Intex for it - there is no telling when they will arrive - and let's just say my patience is limited. I am going to look around the yard/shed and in the ground to see if I can locate them but if I can't - would these little things be detrimental on a couple of legs?

I am just curious .
    Christina
    ~14,000gal 14x30 IG vinyl, Hayward DE4820 filter (everything else is too old to read lol), TF100 Test Kit, TFPC method
    POOL SCHOOL, ABC'S of WATER CHEMISTRY, POOL MATH, SUPPORT TFP!!, TEST KIT!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Very Very stupid question....

Just my opinion but I would be careful not using them. I think that they are designed to help spread the initial load from the leg to a more stable foot print. If you just put the leg down look at the surface area of the leg that will be taking the initial load of the pool. You are talking maybe a quarter in square tube wall that will be taking that large amount of weight vs. the plastic foot that the leg is supposed to sit in. I could be wrong???
    Intex 18x48/2650 Sand/56601E SWG

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't know either lol They will be on pavers and I was trying to see if I could tell how thick they were and maybe slide something under there... just my luck.. I lose the dang things...
    Christina
    ~14,000gal 14x30 IG vinyl, Hayward DE4820 filter (everything else is too old to read lol), TF100 Test Kit, TFPC method

4. Back To Top    #4

Temporarily, you can place a short block of 1' x 4" wood under the two legs that are missing the feet. When the new feet arrive, you can use a jack to raise the leg just enough to remove the wood, and put the foot under it. Your pool will be very slightly out of level until you replace the feet.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

Not a stupid question.

I used wood blocks under the legs of my pool. Didn't bother ordering replacements when they became available because the wood works fine.
    ~25,000 gallon
    In Ground Pool
    Gunite/Plaster/DE Filter
    Using a TF-100XL from http://tftestkits.net
    Dolphin Dynamic bought 4/2013-pretty happy with it

6. Back To Top    #6

^^ what Charlie said.
    And this only applies to concrete or paver landings. Straight on dirt would be more risky.
    5,061 gallon Intex Ultra Frame 16x48 Saltwater Krystal Clear
    Softub 280

7. Back To Top    #7

By the way, The only stupid question is the one not asked! If you don't know something, ASK!!!!! that is what we are here for.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

8. Back To Top    #8

Found one of the time while I was digging... It was completely buried lol

Oh the irony ....

Christina

9. Back To Top    #9

Oh and I am using pavers this time.. At least now I should only be missing one lol

Christina

10. Back To Top    #10

I have wood feet on my 18' summer escapes, the plastic ones kept breaking.

I cut 5" sections of 2x4 and used a 1" spade-bit to drill a few 1/2" deep holes to make a rough oval shape for the leg to sit in.
    ------------------------------------
    18' Summer escapes with original skimmer + intex pump + intex sand filter w/ Zeolite, Intex SWG. 1x ecosaver 50sqft solar panel with dedicated pump.