How far above pool rim do I install the solar cover reel

Jun 14, 2012
Blaine, MN
We are building a version of gotja's pool reel. We installed two 4x6 posts at the end of the pool. The posts are at least 8 feet tall. I am hoping to have my husband drill the holes this weekend. How much space do you think we want from the pool rim to the post?

Hopefully this gives you a little bit of an idea? I just finished the pool and the Velcro strips holding the straps to the reel were coming off. I later fixed that and added more straps to the reel and cover. It works alright, it's better than doing it the old fashion way!

Attachments

• IMG_20130609_182551.jpg
    IMG_20130609_182551.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 114
I measured it and it 13 inches from the top of the pool rail to the bottom of the reel tube. It looks like more in the photo but it isn't. The Velcro was really Micky Mouse, it didn't last a day. I was trying to think of something long term but decided to give Duct tape a go, not great but it holds up very well! I was coming up with all kinds of ideas but this seemed to be the quickest and the least expensive.

I hope that helps?
Matt

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.