New pool...wait to swim?

I think it also has to do with what surface your pool has, with our pebble tech the builder said we could go in as soon as it's full, I think plaster is more finicky. Three weeks seems excessive to me but maybe he knows best. If you got in and out without touching the bottom what could happen.

I think part of the concern is that with plaster there can end up being a lot of clouding and stuff suspended in the water as the surface is brushed down. Or it could be the method of startup ... could be very acidic or highly alkaline.

For a vinyl, fiberglass, or maybe even pebble pool ... once it is filled ... jump on in!!!

+1 what jblizzle said. Hard to hold back but your PB has a better grasp of his start up than those of us here.

I might make a phone call to him for clarification....he might say it's OK to go a little earlier.

Listen to your PB of course. In my case he didn't really say much. But I knew they were doing an acid bath with the pool full so once the pH had risen to within range and chlorine was correct, we were in. It did take me a few days to realize that even a lot of chlorine disappears like magic in the sun with no CYA. I just was carefull not to brush right before we went swimming. It ended up being about a week after the pump was turned on that we swam. Good thing was it was cool out anyway and then, bam, at the one week point we had a few 90+ days which was fantastic for the first swim. Our finish is plaster colored gray with a little DB quartz.

jblizzle said:
I think part of the concern is that with plaster there can end up being a lot of clouding and stuff suspended in the water as the surface is brushed down. Or it could be the method of startup ... could be very acidic or highly alkaline.

For a vinyl, fiberglass, or maybe even pebble pool ... once it is filled ... jump on in!!!

If you have your tf 100 you will know what the water chemistry is better that the builder in my opinion, my pool came with "a really good kit" according to them but in reality no good compared to the tf100.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.