Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: newbie needs assistance

1. Back To Top    #1

newbie needs assistance

this is my first in ground poolso I'm very new to this. my concern is only one of my two return jets blows a little bit of bubbles, i know that means i have an air leak but why would it show in only one and does it matter that they're different sizes any help would be appreciated

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: newbie needs assistance

It's probably the closest or highest hydraulicly to the pump, and all the bubbles go there before they get to the others.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

that makes sense thank you. a couple other things, i have an in line chlorinator it's installed after the filter but it's three feet off the ground is it ok to reposition it lower? and other than a leak down is there any other means of testing for leaks

4. Back To Top    #4

My personal position is that you should position the tablet feeder in a land fill... Just kidding!

You can place it lower but it really won't make any difference in the performance.

You can run water from a hose over the suspected parts and fittings of the plumbing while the pump is running and see if the bubbles in the pump basket lessen or go away.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit