Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pool -- Southlake, TX (near Dallas)

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool -- Southlake, TX (near Dallas)

Starting Construction today, June 20 2013. First time I will have a pool in my own backyard. I will post some drawings and photos for the benefit of others and welcome your comments, feedback, and suggestions. We hope to be swimming by Labor Day.
    19' x 37' Freeform IG; 25,500 gallons; max depth 8'6" with diving board; sun bench and swim out shelf. PebbleSheen Blue Granite Finish; Noble Tile--NVSA616 Peacock; Sandstone Retaining Wall; Oklahoma Flagstone Coping, Aggregate Deck; Small Water Feature w/ Moss Rock (70% flats and 30% boulders) Jandy Stealth 2HP Pump and CV460 Filter; AquaCal SQ156 Heat Pump/Chiller; Polaris 380 pressure cleaner w/ Halcyon boost pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool -- Southlake, TX (near Dallas)

Plan is for 18x37 just big enough for a diving board (controversial I know). Excavator just getting started in attached photos
    Attached Images Attached Images
    19' x 37' Freeform IG; 25,500 gallons; max depth 8'6" with diving board; sun bench and swim out shelf. PebbleSheen Blue Granite Finish; Noble Tile--NVSA616 Peacock; Sandstone Retaining Wall; Oklahoma Flagstone Coping, Aggregate Deck; Small Water Feature w/ Moss Rock (70% flats and 30% boulders) Jandy Stealth 2HP Pump and CV460 Filter; AquaCal SQ156 Heat Pump/Chiller; Polaris 380 pressure cleaner w/ Halcyon boost pump.

3. Back To Top    #3

Here is the basic plan for anyone interested.............

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by FirstPoolLastPool
    Plan is for 18x37 just big enough for a diving board (controversial I know). Excavator just getting started in attached photos
    I love diving boards. Can't wait to see it come along.
    We're about 2-3 weeks away from the dig on ours (hopefully!).
    38'x24' freeform IG gunite, 26k gallons, 3.5' - 7'
    8t Moss rock waterfall with gunite slide
    SWCG, 2 x 2.7hp Hayward Tristar pumps, booster pump, 425 sqft cartridge, 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris Black Max 280, ProLogic PS8 & Aquapod

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi, welcome to TFP! I hope your homeowner's insurance doesn't give you grief about the diving board. If you haven't looked into that yet you may want to. Looks like a very nice pool!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Artist renderings of the pool............trust me this house is 17 years old, the grass does NOT look that good.

7. Back To Top    #7

You know, I did check with our HOA, of course, for plans approval AND I checked out the recommended minimum safety specs for the "diving envelope and made sure we designed well beyond minimums, but I have not consulted my homeowner's insurance. THANK YOU for a good suggestion.

8. Back To Top    #8

Congratulations !

We are also in SL and I believe we will break ground on Monday 6/24.
    Labor day sounds realistic. Lets see who gets done first

Cheers!

9. Back To Top    #9

Hey jamgolf (neighbor) who is your builder?

10. Back To Top    #10

halfway through the first day of digging the shallow end is starting to take shape! Amazing to watch how much dirt the excavator moves with one bucket (Case CX135SR).

11. Back To Top    #11

We decided to work with Cody Pools.
    How about you?

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by jamgolf
    How about you?
    We chose Claffey.

13. Back To Top    #13

How about you?
    We chose Claffey.
    Claffey are very reputable. We got bids from Cody, Claffey and Watercrest.
    We found all three builders to be very professional in our dealings.

Good luck - your project looks very nice.
    With those large shade trees it will be awesome!

14. Back To Top    #14

Nearly done digging (6 hours after starting)

15. Back To Top    #15

Last post for the day. Photo attached. Excavation complete!

16. Back To Top    #16

day 2 of construction, plumbing begins

17. Back To Top    #17

Can't wait to see this pool build progress!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

18. Back To Top    #18

end of day 2, sorry for the blurry image -- light was fading. Most plumbing done, pressure test complete, pump and filter installed and about 80% of steel work done. Not bad for 2 days! Equipment is around corner to the right and not visible in this picture

19. Back To Top    #19

That is some fine progress for 2 days of work.

20. Back To Top    #20

That is some fine progress for 2 days of work.
    True, I am absolutely astonished at how much got done in 2 days. The soil conditions have turned out to be ideal making the dig go fast. Then some of the guys said the shade made it easier to work on the plumbing and steel. In any case, whatever the reasons, it has gone remarkably fast. I am sure there will be several "no progress" days in my near future that will be frustrating, but for now, "woo-hoo" it is really moving fast.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast