placement of propane regulator

tcf25

Jun 20, 2013
Thanks for having such a great wealth of knowledge to share on this board. Here is my first questions that I could not find an answer to...I just had a lochinvar 300btu propane heater installed. The propane company came and ran the propane line yesterday and installed the regulator directly to the unit.

The propane system is a 2 stage system, 500 gallon tank buried in the yard with 10PSI running in the coated copper pipe to the second stage regulator (the one they place directly connected to the unit) I have been told that the second stage regulator should be located 6-10 feet from the unit for proper operation by someone who routinely services heaters. The propane guy said it would be fine were they placed it. I have not been able to fire the unit up to see how it runs because it is not completly hooked up and the propane line is being pressure tested for the inspector.

Should I just wait until it is all connected and see how the current set-up performs or is the current set-up problematic and I should have the propane company come back out to change the set-up. Any input is appreciated. Thanks again for having a great forum!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.