Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hooking Up My Pool Cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

Hooking Up My Pool Cleaner

Last night I wanted to hook in the Polaris 65 Pool cleaner. It comes with a fitting that is supposed to screw into your return - you take the eyeball off. However, when I take off the trim ring and the eyeball on my return it is smooth inside. It looks a lot like this. Can I unscrew the piece that the trim ring inside attaches to? I can't remember from when I installed the pool last year.

27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hooking Up My Pool Cleaner

Are the threads on your thru wall fitting stripped out maybe? That eyeball fitting is threaded into something.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hooking Up My Pool Cleaner

Ok I am not too bright sometimes. I realized the actual fitting is held on by the nut on the outside of the pool. My complete fitting looks like this:

So I can just take the piece off from the inside.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer