Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2650 Sand Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

2650 Sand Filter

I purchased this last week and it is still in the box while I get my pool cleaned and releveled out. The plug on the outside of my house is no longer working so I will be replacing that.

The housing unit that covered the receptacle (with the weather proof lid) would not fit the plug that came with the normal filter for the pool (cartridge 1,000gph pump). I had to remove the cover to get it to work. I know NOW that was retarded and lost 3 pumps and a receptacle that way... lessons learned

I have the receptacle so I can replace it but I was just curious about the weather proof covers/box to go around it. I am not sure how big (or if I can even get one that is large enough) I would need to fit the plug for the new filter.

Does anyone know how large the plug is (dimension wise) for this sand filter? Thanks!
    Christina
    ~14,000gal 14x30 IG vinyl, Hayward DE4820 filter (everything else is too old to read lol), TF100 Test Kit, TFPC method
    POOL SCHOOL, ABC'S of WATER CHEMISTRY, POOL MATH, SUPPORT TFP!!, TEST KIT!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2650 Sand Filter

I don't know how big it is but I know you can buy some really oversized weatherproof covers for outside receptacles.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I am having trouble finding any I will keep looking - just don't want to mess up like I did before *sigh*
    Christina
    ~14,000gal 14x30 IG vinyl, Hayward DE4820 filter (everything else is too old to read lol), TF100 Test Kit, TFPC method

4. Back To Top    #4

You are looking for a "weatherproof in use" receptacle cover. I've found the plastic ones don't last. I use these around my farm.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5

Do you think this would be large enough?

INTERMATIC Weatherproof Cover, Die Cast, 1 Gang, Gray

Weatherproof Cover, In-Use, Receptacle Type Duplex/GFCI/Round, Horizontal Mounting Orientation, Self-Closing Lid Style, Number of Gangs 1, Material of Construction Die Cast, Color Gray, Height (In.) 4.50, Width (In.) 5.75, Depth (In.) 3.25, Standards UL & CSA, Includes Installation Hardware, Sealing Gaskets, 3 Inserts

Says it is 4.5in in height and 5.75in deep... I hate feeling stupid
    Christina

6. Back To Top    #6

I can't say without knowing what size and shape the plug end actually is, but that's a pretty big cover.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for your help - I appreciate it I just remembering a flurry of cuss words flying when I tried to plug the last one in lol
    Christina