Question about OCLT

anton

May 30, 2013
Do the OCLT numbers have to coincide with each other that same night? Reason I'm asking is that I've been testing for OCLT the past two nights and both nights I have had CC of .5 or less and FC was a loss of 1 the first night and 2 the second night (or morning rather). Does that mean I passed the test because of the first night or do I keep going?
The pool has been crystal clear the past 5 days.

I think I was second guessing myself :? and I tested the same time every morning before the sun came up. Last night's FC was 15 and was down to 13 this morning. The night before was 14 and went down to 13 and CC for both was .5

anton said:
I think I was second guessing myself :? and I tested the same time every morning before the sun came up. Last night's FC was 15 and was down to 13 this morning. The night before was 14 and went down to 13 and CC for both was .5

Okay so you got the timing of the tests correct, perhaps it was testing error the first night. At any rate you failed the test last night, so i can only say keep shocking.

Can you post all of your test results, and how you are testing?

Testing with TF-100. CYA at 35 and pH at 7.5 taken before shock process. Haven't done any other tests till I'm done with shocking.

@ Bama Rambler, that's what I think. I was just making sure...

anton said:
Does CC have to be at .5 from here on in after passing OCLT? If it goes up to 1.0, do I go back to shocking?
As long as you maintain the minimum FC level after this battle, I doubt you will ever have a problem with CC above .5.

It also depends...if for weeks the pool shows 0 or.5 CC and the day after a big windstorm or a pool party it shows 1 CC, shocking is probably not needed. Just add an extra quart of bleach and let it sort itself out. But if it climbs for no good reason, or you got lax about maintaining FC, you need the shock process but you can probably do it in a day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.