My new Intex 12/24ft 52" is up

Jun 18, 2013
enjoyed reading a lot of info on this forum in the past few weeks...
my pool is now up, and filling up with water...
hopefully tomorrow we can swim :)

Intex 12 by 24/52" ultra frame rectangular with sand filter & saltwater system.
purchased in an amazing deal from intheswim for only $829 inc. shipping and tax.

poolsetup.jpg

I bought patio stepping stones,
but due to the very hard clay soil/ground, and the carpet which already evens the weight , I figured it'll work without it.
Fitting the stone in the ground to level would have been a lot of work due to the crazy tough clay..
just thinking of doing it 18 times for 18 legs made me almost sick...

All done !! just added the salt, and will wait probably 24 hours for everything to dissolve and then run some water tests/etc...

As mentioned the pool is not completely leveled.. there is about 2" height difference between the highest and lowest points
but still everything looks very sturdy.

some concerns which are yet unknown...
1. haven't used the patio stones for support. relying on my very hard soil and carpet . hope well have no surprises.
2. As I used the Carpet for padding, i hope it wont rot/smell too bad....
3. seem to have a tiny leak... will dive and use ink to search for it tomorrow..
4. ordered a solar heating panel which i'll hook up when it arrives, i'll keep everybody posted.

thanks.

Attachments

• poolup.jpg
    poolup.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 300
That carpet is going to act like a wick and quickly suck up moisture. Not sure after that though what will happen to it. It's mostly covered so it might just stay wet. I'm not sure how others even keep the insulation from getting wet but I plan on sandwiching it between 2 layers of 6mil plastic.

That carpet must be pretty smushed under the pool. I don't think it could hold much water. If you have problems with the legs you could just slide some wood under them. That pool looks awesome. I might get one of those next year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It's been 2 weeks, and so far so good.
the kids are in the pool almost every day.
It took 2-3 days in the beginning for the water to heat up , and after putting a solar blanket It's perfect.
I also ordered a reel system specially made for intex pool (Kokido solaris) which i am still waiting for.
the sand filter and saltwater system works great so far.
I bought a solar heating panel, but wont really test it until the weather cools down a little bit (way too hot for that now).

The Intex Ladder is a piece of Junk. I will investigate and seek a better solution that doesnt cost a fortune, as most stairs/ladders/decks are very expensive...

If any of you wanted to get a pool like this , Intheswim.com which i purchased my pool from are selling them at 30-40% cheaper than everywhere else (using a 20% off coupon).
the 12/24 is not available any more this summer, but they still have the 16/32 ft Intex with sand filter , saltwater system , maintenance kit , volleyball set, etc...
thats the premium package and its only $1279 inc. tax & shipping. ($1599 minus 20% discount)

just use this 20% off coupon code : MWBB1P15

www.intheswim.com

Look at the Confer 7100, I think that's what i got. Yes it was around 150 or so. It is the cat's meow....nice WIDE easy on the feet stairs....it was worth every penny I spent on it. I swallowed really hard spending that much on a ladder for my much smaller Intex. It has been one of the best purchases I have made in the past couple of years....

Bob E.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.