Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My new Intex 12/24ft 52" is up

1. Back To Top    #1

My new Intex 12/24ft 52" is up

enjoyed reading a lot of info on this forum in the past few weeks...
    my pool is now up, and filling up with water...
    hopefully tomorrow we can swim

Intex 12 by 24/52" ultra frame rectangular with sand filter & saltwater system.
    purchased in an amazing deal from intheswim for only $829 inc. shipping and tax.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My new Intex 12/24ft 52" is up

Sweet ! Nice job. Is that the 2650 pump? My new 1600 doesn't have that control panel on top of the motor.
    18'x 52" Intex Ultra Frame AG pool
    7100 gallons
    1600 Intex sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    BBB method for four seasons
    Former 18' Easy Set owner

3. Back To Top    #3

I think it's 1600 as well..
    it's the salt water system so it had the digital control.

4. Back To Top    #4

Shouldn't you have plywood or something under the leggs

5. Back To Top    #5

I bought patio stepping stones,
    but due to the very hard clay soil/ground, and the carpet which already evens the weight , I figured it'll work without it.
    Fitting the stone in the ground to level would have been a lot of work due to the crazy tough clay..
    just thinking of doing it 18 times for 18 legs made me almost sick...

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks good! I have the 9x18x52" coming on Tuesday and can't wait to set it up..
    --- Pool Status - Ice Cube
    18'x9'x52" Intex Rectangular Pool with Krystal Clear 2560gpm Sand Pump and Krystal Clear Salt Water System
    Hayward Skimmer with (2) 1 1/2" Hayward Returns
    16mil Klear Choice Solar Blanket

7. Back To Top    #7

Party time!!
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

8. Back To Top    #8

All done !! just added the salt, and will wait probably 24 hours for everything to dissolve and then run some water tests/etc...

As mentioned the pool is not completely leveled.. there is about 2" height difference between the highest and lowest points
    but still everything looks very sturdy.

some concerns which are yet unknown...
    1. haven't used the patio stones for support. relying on my very hard soil and carpet . hope well have no surprises.
    2. As I used the Carpet for padding, i hope it wont rot/smell too bad....
    3. seem to have a tiny leak... will dive and use ink to search for it tomorrow..
    4. ordered a solar heating panel which i'll hook up when it arrives, i'll keep everybody posted.

thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Back To Top    #9

That carpet is going to act like a wick and quickly suck up moisture. Not sure after that though what will happen to it. It's mostly covered so it might just stay wet. I'm not sure how others even keep the insulation from getting wet but I plan on sandwiching it between 2 layers of 6mil plastic.
    --- Pool Status - Ice Cube
    18'x9'x52" Intex Rectangular Pool with Krystal Clear 2560gpm Sand Pump and Krystal Clear Salt Water System
    Hayward Skimmer with (2) 1 1/2" Hayward Returns
    16mil Klear Choice Solar Blanket

10. Back To Top    #10

That carpet must be pretty smushed under the pool. I don't think it could hold much water. If you have problems with the legs you could just slide some wood under them. That pool looks awesome. I might get one of those next year.

11. Back To Top    #11

It's been 2 weeks, and so far so good.
    the kids are in the pool almost every day.
    It took 2-3 days in the beginning for the water to heat up , and after putting a solar blanket It's perfect.
    I also ordered a reel system specially made for intex pool (Kokido solaris) which i am still waiting for.
    the sand filter and saltwater system works great so far.
    I bought a solar heating panel, but wont really test it until the weather cools down a little bit (way too hot for that now).

The Intex Ladder is a piece of Junk. I will investigate and seek a better solution that doesnt cost a fortune, as most stairs/ladders/decks are very expensive...

12. Back To Top    #12

If any of you wanted to get a pool like this , Intheswim.com which i purchased my pool from are selling them at 30-40% cheaper than everywhere else (using a 20% off coupon).
    the 12/24 is not available any more this summer, but they still have the 16/32 ft Intex with sand filter , saltwater system , maintenance kit , volleyball set, etc...
    thats the premium package and its only $1279 inc. tax & shipping. ($1599 minus 20% discount)

just use this 20% off coupon code : MWBB1P15

www.intheswim.com

13. Back To Top    #13

Look at the Confer 7100, I think that's what i got. Yes it was around 150 or so. It is the cat's meow....nice WIDE easy on the feet stairs....it was worth every penny I spent on it. I swallowed really hard spending that much on a ladder for my much smaller Intex. It has been one of the best purchases I have made in the past couple of years....

Bob E.

14. Back To Top    #14

I went with the Confer 7200, it is a little more expensive than the 7100, but much more sturdy and wider steps. Rather than attach it directly to the rail, I zip tied a pressure treated 2x2 to the top rail and attached it to that.
    8638 gallon 20'x52" Intex ultra frame round AG. 2650 gph Intex Sand Filter. Intex krystal Klear SWG. (newer model that includes copper ion generation) Hayward 1091LX skimmer, Kreepy Krauly lil shark. Taylor K-2006 w/speed stir and sample sizer. New this year, Intex PureSpa - dichlor-> bleach method for sanitizing.
    New pool, 16'x36' (approx 18000 gal) in ground pool, Haywood DE filter