Aquarite Not Generating Light Not On

May 29, 2012
Our system is about 6 years old. I replaced my resistor (black round thing) a couple of years ago thanks to this forum but I seem to have a new issue.

The power light is on, the check salt and check cell are flashing and the generating light is off.

We checked the cell and didnt see any problems but haven't taken it in to get cleaned. I brought the water in to be tested a couple of weeks ago and they said the salt level was fine.

The symptoms are different from when I needed to replace the resistor, but not sure if it is worth trying to change it again (bought an extra) or if anyone has any other suggestions.

Thanks!

Look through the cell. Is there any scale or buildup in it. You may have to do an acid wash if there is. The manual explains it. After the cell is clear, you do a reset by holding down the button. It should all be explained in the manual.

5 or 6 years is the expected life span of a cell, although when my cell began to fail the symptoms were different. The CH output was low and it kept reading salt levels lower than what I know was in the pool.

I don't know what a "professional wash" is, but I would suggest you clean it as described in the manual, reinstall, reset and see what happens. If you still have a problem many pool stores are equipped to test the cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.