Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My Pool Deck

1. Back To Top    #1

My Pool Deck

I wish I'd taken more in-progress pics, but here it is so far. First pic is the main section, 23x11. I am standing on the existing 8x6 deck. The new deck is 23x11 at the big sections. The long side is 45' outside corner to corner. Excluding the area covered by the main section, it is 34'x4'. The remaining small section at the far end is 16x4.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=8 ... laE8IxXrls

Next pic is standing on that section of the deck. You can see off to the left not all the decking is done and at the far end it isn't done. A question about how I wrapped the decking around the pool. Rather than profile it we designed it that way because of the winter cover and the way it attaches. We decided since our cover is only 1 season old we idn't want to lose our investment. I realize it doesn't look quite as nice. One thing I discovered is the kids drop stuff down that gap. Any suggestions for something that can be put down to cover the gap that can be take up in the fall? I could always just screw profiled decking down.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=8 ... Ipr59nW_A4

and finally standing at the far end looking back
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=8 ... UevD0hR688
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My Pool Deck

Looks great !
    Gunnite IG , DE FNSP36, FR90, 14000 gal.

3. Back To Top    #3

Awesome deck. If you let the boogy man live under the deck, maybe the kids will stop dropping things down there.
    blondemarcello
    18x33 16,700 gallon AG
    Sand, TFP Test, Gas heater
    Minnesota

4. Back To Top    #4

looks great so far.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by blondemarcello
    Awesome deck. If you let the boogy man live under the deck, maybe the kids will stop dropping things down there.
    My wife doesn't like that idea. I do though. I will think about it some more. I need something sturdy enough that can be stepped on but is removable later. I was thinking maybe be more decking on hinges. That way I could fold it back when I want to put the cover on.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks great - you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it I'm sure.
    18x33 AGP, 17,300 gal, Hayward Sand Filter, 1.5 HP 2 Speed Hayward Pump