Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: NEED HELP

1. Back To Top    #1

NEED HELP

I have an Intex 15'x42" pool. Tried to level it but it seems like I have a deep end and a shallow end

It is a metal frame pool. The one side is 2inchs higher then the other. Is that ok? I don't really want to empty it move it and take it down!

Let me know please

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: NEED HELP

Welcome to TFP!!!

Anything beyond about 1" out of level we generally do not recommend.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Will my pool collapse?

4. Back To Top    #4

Maybe ... how am I know know that If it is out of level now, what is to stop it from sinking more when it rains or all the water splashes out?

That is the risk you take by not properly leveling the sight with pavers or something under the legs.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Dittos

You can't look to anyone for assurance it won't fail.
    It's beyond what is considered safe and it could very well settle more, so the safest solution is to take it down and relevel it.
    There's lots of videos online showing how to level properly.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

6. Back To Top    #6

If it's no more than 2", I would think it should be alright. Make sure the feet are supported well (not sinking). Use a half inch thick board about 7" wide per leg. It would probably be best to post a picture. My pool was out by 4.5" last year and it survived with water just covering the intake. I learned my lesson, "looks good enough" isn't good enough!
    41x25x18 Humpback Haven
    Graduated from 16ft Intex