South Florida

Need to lower pH?

15K gallon pool

My levels:
    FC 5.5
    TA 70
    CH 250
    pH 7.8

So, I guess I need to lower the pH huh? Maybe add 1 cup of muriatic acid (31.65%)? I added two cups yesterday. My pH was at 8.0 and dropped to probably 7.6, but now it's at 7.8. (I should mention I have problems with the pH color chart...they're all so close).

I couldn't test CYA because the sun isn't out. I find it difficult to do that dot test.
    15K gal, IG plaster, screened, Marathon Electric 1 HP single speed pump, Hayward c-900 cartridge, Hayward SwimPure 40K SWG

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Need to lower pH?

Unless you've been using pucks or powder to chlorinate, draining or backwashing, CYA should stay pretty much the same week-to-week.

Let do the math for you. It will tell you how many ounces of acid to add. Target 7.4 and be done with it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!