lstewaMN

Jun 19, 2013
Just opened a new 20' diameter INTEX pool. Had water delivered due to high metals in our city water. Just trying to learn what I need to do to manage the water chemistry. I love this site so far but am a bit overwhelmed at all the information here. :-D

Since you have a real need to "keep that water you bought" focus on getting your FC (Chlorine) levels correct and then work on your other levels (ph, TA, CYA). The green monster is what you want to avoid and CL will keep it away. Bleach/chlorine is your friend. If you have water, you need bleach.

While it sounds extravagant, the recommended test kit will save you tons of time and money in the long wrong... and toms of heart ache in the short and long runs. It really does cost less than most trips to the pool store.

I did buy the test kit from Taylor that was recommended. It came today. TA was super high 210, but PH was 6.8' FC was 8.5 and CYA was below 20 meaning the dot never went away just got a bit cloudy. Just trying to read a bit more to see what to do next to adjust the PH without raising the TA even more.

Thanks. Looks like aerating is what I need to lower the TA without continuing to lower the PH. Sadly my free aerators (AKA my kids) refuse to get into the pool yet and splash! Still a little too cold since the water was delivered at quite a chilly temp.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support