Searching for answers very new to pools.

Jun 17, 2013
Finally gave in to the wife and kids and bought a pool. Honestly I'm dreading it, but talk on here makes it seem not so bad. Lots of ?'s and unknowns for me. The pool is an AGP Intex Ultra Frame 18'x48" round. It will be setup on a 24'x24' cement patio with a 1.5" drop over 24' so fairly flat. I will use some panaflex on the concrete to protect the pool liner.

Guessing I need to test it right after filling it or wait a few hours. It will be filled with tap eater from a garden hose. At what point do I add the first round of chemicals?

FYI for anyone else buying a pool at WalMart don't forget to check online prices and site to store shipping. The pool was $699 marked down to $450 in store, but online it was $349. Si I bought it online and picked the store I was in fir pickup, waited a few minutes for my confirmation emails then pickd it up right there. Several of the pools were $70 to $120 cheaper that way

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

Although with a new fill you certainly will need stabilizer and chlorine. Read Pool School to see what the recommended levels are and compare them to your test results (you order one of the Recommended Test Kits yet?). You can then use poolcalulator.com to calculate how much of each chemical you need to acheive the desired target.

Or the K-2006 ... without one of those, you will really be kind of guessing at the FC levels. As long as you maintain adequate FC and the pool stays clear, you might be ok, but as soon as something does downhill, the better test kit is a requirement.

A small investment now would make it easier to avoid those issues in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.