Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FC, CC, TC New Math

1. Back To Top    #1

FC, CC, TC New Math

I got my TF-100 kit Tuesday, still practicing/playing with results.

If FC+CC=TC
    then
    2.5+0=1

What am I doing wrong?
    15,000 gal, IG, Vinyl
    Cartridge Filter: Hayward C12002, 120 GPM
    Pump: 1.5 hp, Flotec AT251501-01
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: FC, CC, TC New Math

Where is the 1 coming from?
    if FC=2.5
    CC=0
    TC=2.5
    27' round AG
    Hayward Matrix 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward S210T Sand Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

The FAS-DPD only measures FC and CC ... then you add them up to get TC. Do not try to compare the FAS-DPD chlorine numbers to the OTO number directly (if that is what you are doing). Trust the FAS-DPD.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

If you are using the OTO chlorine test (from the blue box inside the box) to get the TC number, then just ignore that result. The OTO readings are rather imprecise.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Oooooohhhh gotcha. For the OTO, that's why the instructions say, look but don't write them down. I'm pretty sure that's what I was doing. Thanks!

I'm using the SimplePool app because I can select TFP parameters. It has TC and CC, but not FC.
    I used to use the Pool Care app, and it has FC and CC. I can enter and set the TFP parameters - would that be better?

Thanks again for sitting through another newbie mistake.

Nic
    15,000 gal, IG, Vinyl
    TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Pool Pal is another Android option to try, although a lot of people seems to like SimplePool ... never heard of Pool Care.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Simple Pool: If FC and CC are the more important numbers, why is FC left out, and TC included?

Pool Care: Trying to enter TFP parameters and every time I save, it crashes.

Pool Pal: I've got it, but didn't like the interface. I don't think I can enter "ranges" only specific numbers for goals. It does have the TFP numbers to see/refer to.

I'll try Pool Pal again - Thanks!

Edit: I finally got Pool Care to keep the levels - it's worth a 2nd look.
    15,000 gal, IG, Vinyl
    TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Go to the Simple Pool thread and ask about the FC vs TC ... I agree I do not see why TC is in there:

simplepool-app-for-android-a-review-t41962.html?hilit=android%20app
    Jason, TFP Moderator

9. Back To Top    #9

It calculates the FC for you. I don't know why, but I just enter my TC and the CC and in the adjustment section it shows the FC number and gives recommendations based on whichever "system" you choose. I choose to use TFP settings.
    18ft Round Intex Metal Frame, 7000gal, 3/4HP pump, 100lb sand filter, TF-100 Test Kit, through the wall skimmer, Baqua convert...now BBB all the way. :)

Ugly Drum Smoker (UDS), Weber One Touch gold. (I love smoky meat) :) Saving my $$ for a Big Green Egg.

Things I use daily:

10. Back To Top    #10

But why enter TC? You do not actually measure that. So you have to test the FC ... remember that number. Then test the CC. Then remember the FC and add the CC and then enter the TC and CC ... does that not seem like more effort than just being able to enter FC and then CC ????
    Jason, TFP Moderator

11. Back To Top    #11

I don't disagree....you do have to remember both numbers. It'd be nicer to just enter FC and CC....
    18ft Round Intex Metal Frame, 7000gal, 3/4HP pump, 100lb sand filter, TF-100 Test Kit, through the wall skimmer, Baqua convert...now BBB all the way. :)

Ugly Drum Smoker (UDS), Weber One Touch gold. (I love smoky meat) :) Saving my $$ for a Big Green Egg.

Things I use daily:

12. Back To Top    #12

Even though I do not use the app, I just sent Ken a PM asking this question and I see that Nplsdvr posted the question in the Simple Pool thread.

I mentioned to Ken he should let the user pick whether they want to enter TC or FC.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

13. Back To Top    #13

It has to do with the DPD chlorine test, which measures FC and TC.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

14. Back To Top    #14

Thanks for that info!

Things I use daily: