Concrete Staining ??

May 23, 2007
Michigan
Just converted my 3 year old in ground liner pool to salt and so far I love it but now I have a problem that may or may not be related. I paid to have the stamped concrete deck around the pool sealed and after about 1 week I am starting to see these white rings in the sealer. The white rings are most evident around the spill over spa where a lot of water gets spilled.

1. Could this be due to the saltwater ?
2. They powerwashed the deck but could it not have been prepared correctly ?

Thanks

Buggs, I'm with you on it being a calcium type residue....and I know you're familiar with high calcium being in Arizona.
Unfortunately if it is calcium, once you get to the stage where it leaves its mark behind, there's only a hammer and chisel to remove it...or a mild acid treatment.

I wouldn't want to guess as I am not too familiar with deck related staining, but this is not salt related. It looks to be a water ring mark on your deck, pre-sealing? Have you had the company that sealed your deck come out and look at it? It's difficult to say because you mentioned that even pressure washing it did not get rid of it. That's why I think it's something that may have occured to began to form, before it was sealed. Or it could be the sealer itself...

Like I said, I would hate to guess, OK, I am guessing above, but I can say that I'm 99.9% confident it is not salt related.

Please let us know when you find out what it is.

Thanks

The rings were NOT there before the sealing so I am assuming it's a sealing issue if the salt water is not causing the problem. I already paid the concrete guy and left multiple messages to no avail !!! What's up with people in the trades ??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.