New plaster, starting to notice streaks and spots

Aug 22, 2009
Hi all,

We have a pool that was re-plastered (white plaster) in April with a very reputible pool company. They did the start up and since, my PB has been maintaining it. The other day, I noticed brighter white spots and streaks, mostly in the shallow end, but there might be a few deeper...just harder to see. They feel fairly smooth - not a perceptoble difference in texture, if any. But, they are fairly bright white, so they are noticible.

I did a water test today, and the pH is 8.3, Adj Alk is 40...but it has also been a week since the PB was here last...he comes today to rebalance.

My question is, what could cause brighter white spots in white plaster? Anything I should do? Or might this be a plaster warranty issue?

I have attached a picture. I messed with the brightness and contrast since it was hard to see the spots...so don't worry about the color. I drew a box around the area of concern.

Thank you!
-David

Attachments

• IMG_001.jpg
    IMG_001.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 95
Be sure to notify and document this issue with the PB. It may get worse over time.
What is size of white discoloration?
Try lightly sanding a small area for about 10 seconds with 100 grit wet&dry sandpaper and see if the white disappears.
Is this white plaster with upgrade quartz aggregate or normal limestone/marble aggregate?

The area is about a foot tall and a foot wide (just guessing without standing in front of it)

I believe this is just a normal limestone marble aggregate

I will try sanding it this weekend and see what happens.

Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.