Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: another light question

1. Back To Top    #1

another light question

I have a bad pool light, and it looks to be in the cable. I was thinking of replacing it with a SAVI light (lower voltage, less chance of screwing it up and shocking someone), but all I can find is that it will fit in a return line. do they make a plate to cover my large light niche that I could put the SAVI in? Or is this a bad idea?

20K gallon plaster pool with spillover spa; Pentair 1 1/2hp main pump. Pentair FNSP 60 DE filter. 1/2hp pump to waterfall, 1hp pump for 6 spa jets.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: another light question

It would be odd to have a cable failure as they are well protected. Have you checked the voltage at the junction box near the pool? usually behind the diving board standing up a foot or so above the ground.

It's pretty easy to replace the light if you can find the box. Just cut the old light fixture off the cable, attach the new cable to the end of the old one and pull it through the conduit. Two wirenuts and a ground screw and it's done.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat