Intex seam is leaking

Jun 19, 2013
I have the gray intex ultra frame pool I wish I would of researched it more because I have had nothing but problems this year with it. The seam is leaking, we have patched it and then it just leaks right next to where the patch it. When I was googling it online they are known to have very cheap liners, that the seam constantly leaks. I don't know what to do with it now because the only liner you can get to work with it is made by Intex for around $450.00 a new pool is $699.00. Very frustrated! My kids love this pool!

How old is the pool? If less than 1 year you should have a valid warranty claim. If not, you can buy a new liner direct from Intex. A new 18x52 liner is $308, and smaller ones are cheaper.

http://www.intexcorp.com/index.php/.../18-549cm-ultra-frame-round-pools/10989e.html

ON EDIT: I have not heard of the Intex liners having a bad reputation of any kind. There are alot of Intex owners here, and most seem very pleased. Especially the Ultra Frame owners. Sorry yours was a dud :cry:

We have a new(month old) 22' intex that we are very unhappy with. Not one, but TWO 6" leaks at the bottom seam. I feel like I've wasted over $1000 by purchasing it. Something this new and expensive shouldn't have this problem! I will be calling intex on Monday to see what their answer is. I feel totally ripped off!!!

Unhappy swimmers,

Trashing a manufacturer that you have not yet given a chance to make it right with you seems premature.

If they treat you poorly on Monday then you can address that but they should at least have the opportunity to hear your problem and perhaps make you feel good about dealing with them before you trash them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.