Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: intex swg

1. Back To Top    #1

intex swg

I bought a used 18x52 ultra frame intex pool and swg. Set up about 2 weeks ago. Everything seemed to be working fine until Sunday. I set the swg to run for 4 hours. Green light came on that it was working. When I checked in on Monday, it was till sitting on 4 hours with the green light working on. So I think, well I will try once more. Set it for 6 hours on Monday evening, everything looked fine. Tuesday it was still sitting on 6 hours with the green working light on. It is not generating chlorine. One thing I might should mention is that the swg is not sitting level at the moment. Now that I think about, Sunday some sand was washed out from under the stone it sits on and was never fixed. Could this be my problem? It is not giving me any error codes.
    18x52 round intex ultra frame
    vinyl

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: intex swg

Have you got any stabilizer added to your water?
    13'x22'x52" 8,000 gallon ProSeries Pool with Borates
    Intex 110 pound Sand Filter with Zeobrite, 2650 gph pump, 0.95 hp
    Bestway SWG
    AquaPro ECO500 50,000 BTU heat pump
    GLI Whirlwind Solar Cover Reel, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: intex swg

Yes. The problem was that the swg was actually not working even though it indicated it was. Once I leveled it, it started working correctly. I guess the flow was not good enough even though it did not tell me low flow. Anyway, problem solved for now I think.
    18x52 round intex ultra frame
    vinyl