Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Independent Test Kit Testing

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Independent Test Kit Testing

Is anyone aware of independent test lab results for pool test kits? I am a commercial operator in charge of 18 pools, and although I stick with a Taylor K-2006 at all sites, the local health authority has started switching from K-2005/2006 to LaMotte ColorQ. I tried the ColorQ and found it to be a piece of garbage accuracy-wise, but it got us to talking about comparing test kits and whether anyone had done this.

What we are looking for is a professional measure of each test kit (e.g. K-2005, K-2006, other Taylor kits, ColorQ, Rainbow Lifegard, etc etc) against a true lab result obtained with lab-quality test equipment.
    * Responsible for the operation of 21 semi-private pools and spas at 11 locations, varying from 1,900L to 20,000L spas and from 13,000L to 200,000L pools.

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Independent Test Kit Testing

There's a mention of a 2005 study in this article recently posted by smallpooldad ... &zoneid=20

You might be able to hunt that down
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!