Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Delivery of 12x24 Doughboy?

1. Back To Top    #1

Delivery of 12x24 Doughboy?

Could I fit all the boxes, pump, filter and liner that come with a new 12x24'x52" Doughboy in the back of my 8' bed pickup truck or should I have the company deliver it for $75? I'd have to drive about 45 min. to go get it and I don't mind doing that, just don't want to make two trips! I have a crew-cab, Ford F-250. Surely, I should be able to get it all in there, right?
    21'x54" Quest (Resin) -11,700 gal. AGP
    Hayward 18" Sand Filter System (150lbs.)
    1.5-HP Power-Flo Pump (2100 gph)
    Terra Cotta liner (25 gauge)
    TF-100 test kit
    BBB method
    Full sun
    :)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Delivery of 12x24 Doughboy?

I don't know. From what I remember the boxes are pretty big, plus that stuff is heavy and lifting it in and out of the truck could be an issue. Your best bet is to ask the pool company how many boxes and the size of the biggest box.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! I will do that. It may be worth it to pay the $75 and let them deal with it!
    21'x54" Quest (Resin) -11,700 gal. AGP
    Hayward 18" Sand Filter System (150lbs.)
    1.5-HP Power-Flo Pump (2100 gph)
    Terra Cotta liner (25 gauge)
    TF-100 test kit
    BBB method
    Full sun
    :)

4. Back To Top    #4

I ordered my pool pkg online and it came all nice and neatly packaged/wrapped on a wooden skid that was about 3'X5' or so, freight company put it in the back of my truck with a forklift, I have a short bed truck and it fit.
    No guarantee that yours will be the same, just saying that all my stuff fit no problem.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

5. Back To Top    #5

We picked up our Doughboy 32' round in a Tundra pulling a trailer. I really don't think it all would've fit in the bed of the truck. Additionally, the walls were pretty heavy and we were happy to have the low trailer where we could just kinda scoot and roll the boxes out of the trailer without lifting too much.
    32' Doughboy Desert Spring (Blue Bayou liner) Buried with Deep End
    300# Sand Filter, 1.5 HP Pump Hayward
    My Build: making-the-jump-to-a-doughboy-from-our-old-intex-t56425.html

6. Back To Top    #6

I brought home my 21 round in my pick-up but an oval pool has plates and braces for the straight parts of the pool.

I am going to guess the cost in gasoline is likely equal to the delivery cost+hassle+time required.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

7. Back To Top    #7

I missed the crew cab 250 part, me thinks it's gonna fit in that. I've got a 150 short bed.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by techguy
    I am going to guess the cost in gasoline is likely equal to the delivery cost+hassle+time required.
    Yep, I would have it delivered too.
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]