Can't Remove Elbow Assembly/ Check Valve

heweydewey

LifeTime Supporter
May 20, 2013
Erie, PA
Hi,

I have a hayward EC65 and I'm trying to get to the check valve inside the filter. I'm guessing that I need to remove the elbow assembly, but it's stuck in there pretty good. Any ideas on how to take it out? I don't want break anything.

I attached a photo of the part I'm referring to. If you cant see the photo, I believe the part number is "ECX4220A Elbow Assembly w/Check Valve"

Thanks in advance.

[attachment=0:4n5k6pga]elbow-assembly.jpg[/attachment:4n5k6pga]

Attachments

• elbow-assembly.jpg
    elbow-assembly.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 49
Ok, I'll try that.

Am I correct though that the check valve is in that part? I'm just going by the part diagram fro the manual.

Also, If I cant get the part out, is it alright to just leave it be. The reason I wanted to remove it is because sometimes when I backwash the filter DE is coming up the main drain. I have the filter running 24/7 so I dont ever see it come up the main drain any other time (though i'm also currently tackling de on the pool floor by the return jets - which is why the filter is all apart!).

I hate to not have it done right, but I also dont want to break anything else!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.