T-CELL-15 for a SWG for a 35k/gal pool?

Jun 17, 2013
Dallas, TX
Recently discovered my SWG needed replacement after running a bench test at the pool store. It's a T-CELL-15 rated up to 40k/gal. I've got a 35k/gal pool. I just went ahead and bought a direct replacement on amazon, but it was mentioned that I should have at least a SWG rated to 60k/gal.

Is that the case? Our previous one lasted at least 4 years (was at the house when we bought it), and generally ran at a 50% output setting without issue.

I'm assuming if I did want to upgrade to a larger model I'd also need to replace the aquarite controller as they only make T-CELLs rated to 40k/gal... Not something I exactly want to do.

If the cell lasted 4 years in that size pool I wouldn't be in a hurry to change it to a larger one. While it would be nice to have the headroom of a larger cell, 4 years life is pretty good. When the controller goes out you can decide of you want to go bigger.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.