Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: T-CELL-15 for a SWG for a 35k/gal pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

T-CELL-15 for a SWG for a 35k/gal pool?

Recently discovered my SWG needed replacement after running a bench test at the pool store. It's a T-CELL-15 rated up to 40k/gal. I've got a 35k/gal pool. I just went ahead and bought a direct replacement on amazon, but it was mentioned that I should have at least a SWG rated to 60k/gal.

Is that the case? Our previous one lasted at least 4 years (was at the house when we bought it), and generally ran at a 50% output setting without issue.

I'm assuming if I did want to upgrade to a larger model I'd also need to replace the aquarite controller as they only make T-CELLs rated to 40k/gal... Not something I exactly want to do.
    35k gal, sand, IG, diamond brite, Hayward Goldline T-CELL-15 Turbo SWG, Aquarite, Compool Lx3600

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: T-CELL-15 for a SWG for a 35k/gal pool?

If the cell lasted 4 years in that size pool I wouldn't be in a hurry to change it to a larger one. While it would be nice to have the headroom of a larger cell, 4 years life is pretty good. When the controller goes out you can decide of you want to go bigger.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. If/when that happens, what's a good controller/system to consider?
    35k gal, sand, IG, diamond brite, Hayward Goldline T-CELL-15 Turbo SWG, Aquarite, Compool Lx3600

4. Back To Top    #4

For something that large I'd probably look at an Autopilot unit.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit