Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Automation

1. Back To Top    #1

Dallas area

Pentair Automation

Man, Pentair's website leaves a little to be desired for a new customer. No compare features and no good better best ranking. Each item is its own sales pitch.

I am putting in a in ground pool. No spa, no heater planned for now. Planning a VS pentair pump, Pentair swg, weaping wall and maybe led lights. Trying to figure out which automation system would work. The main reason I want the auatomation is to control the sgw in increments less than 20% but it would be nice to turn on and off the waterfall also.

Please give me you thoughts and some pros and cons to the different options. What pentair product is the lowest end with a wireless option?

Thank you,

Dallas area, free form, quartz finish, flagstone, pentair cartridge, vs pump, swg

2. Back To Top    #2
    NE Kansas

Re: Pentair Automation

I have the Easytouch 4 with IC20 SWG. It comes with a 125 amp panel. It has preset filter(pump) and 4 additional dedicated relays for other features. I picked this model since it can have wireless option or hard wired, plus allows for a water feature, lights, or whatever you want.
    I have my landscape lights on it and plan on running another line off the panel when I do the outdoor kitchen.
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.