Intex Pool Placement Help

Jun 18, 2013
Hi! I'm brand new here! I purchased an Intex 14x48 Ultra Frame Pool. We live in New England and our lot is large,sloped and mostly shaded by mature trees. We have a septic system and well on the property. The only flat/sunny area we have is approx 21x18 feet directly behind our house and next to our deck. We planned on putting the pool there, but I have concerns that it could be too close to the house. If we put the pool as far from the house as possible, it will be about 3 feet from the house. Is that generally acceptable?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have the same problem with trees/shade. Ours sits fairly close to the house and I would think placing yours by the deck then later you could expand your deck around it ;)

I always try to find a way lol I spent last weekend trimming tree branches up 22 feet :|

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved my shady tree filled lot until I wanted a pool! I'm hoping that we love having the intex and in a couple of years we will hopefully put up a more permanent AGP. The deck will have to wait until then, but I like the way you think....

when we decide to go for broke and get the big above ground with deck... those trees are coming down.... I have way to many and half my acreage is like an usuable forest... the usable part of my yard has 13... yes 13 to be removed :| Will save that for the much larger project LOL

I am a pool baby.. .I love being in water during the summer - I think you will enjoy having it after the pain of getting it set up and taken care of :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.