Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Pool Placement Help

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Pool Placement Help

Hi! I'm brand new here! I purchased an Intex 14x48 Ultra Frame Pool. We live in New England and our lot is large,sloped and mostly shaded by mature trees. We have a septic system and well on the property. The only flat/sunny area we have is approx 21x18 feet directly behind our house and next to our deck. We planned on putting the pool there, but I have concerns that it could be too close to the house. If we put the pool as far from the house as possible, it will be about 3 feet from the house. Is that generally acceptable?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Intex Ultra Frame 14x48 inch, 3800 gal, pump it came with, SWG. Pool filled on 7/1.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex Pool Placement Help

I have the same problem with trees/shade. Ours sits fairly close to the house and I would think placing yours by the deck then later you could expand your deck around it

I always try to find a way lol I spent last weekend trimming tree branches up 22 feet

Christina
    ~14,000gal 14x30 IG vinyl, Hayward DE4820 filter (everything else is too old to read lol), TF100 Test Kit, TFPC method
    POOL SCHOOL, ABC'S of WATER CHEMISTRY, POOL MATH, SUPPORT TFP!!, TEST KIT!

3. Back To Top    #3

I loved my shady tree filled lot until I wanted a pool! I'm hoping that we love having the intex and in a couple of years we will hopefully put up a more permanent AGP. The deck will have to wait until then, but I like the way you think....
    Intex Ultra Frame 14x48 inch, 3800 gal, pump it came with, SWG. Pool filled on 7/1.

4. Back To Top    #4

when we decide to go for broke and get the big above ground with deck... those trees are coming down.... I have way to many and half my acreage is like an usuable forest... the usable part of my yard has 13... yes 13 to be removed Will save that for the much larger project LOL

I am a pool baby.. .I love being in water during the summer - I think you will enjoy having it after the pain of getting it set up and taken care of
    Christina
    ~14,000gal 14x30 IG vinyl, Hayward DE4820 filter (everything else is too old to read lol), TF100 Test Kit, TFPC method
    POOL SCHOOL, ABC'S of WATER CHEMISTRY, POOL MATH, SUPPORT TFP!!, TEST KIT!

5. Back To Top    #5

I have my Intex about 3 feet from the house (full basement underneath). The only problem is the kids splashing water out of the pool and through the open bathroom window!
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!

6. Back To Top    #6

Glad to hear 3 feet is working for you! Thanks!