Pentair clean and clear 100 or Hayward C900 which is better?

runrex

Jun 17, 2013
We live in South Florida and our Hayward C800 filter leaks badly from small vertical cracks where the cap meets the main body. I am going to try some marine glue but am not very confident that will be a long term solution.

Hayward and Pentair seem to be the most popular replacements here. The Hayward C900 is $634.00 installed including tax. The Pentair Clean and Clear 100 is $15.00 more. The pool is very rarely used and has run well for 6 years on the old Hayward C800. I can buy the Hayward C900 on E bay for $240 delivered. I am not much of a plumber but am considering giving it a try for the almost $400 savings.

Any recommendations on quality/performance between the 2 brands. A 1 year warranty seems standard w both units. Is this something I should attempt on my own and are there any DIY videos on how to do it ? I am a pretty good auto mechanic and handy around the house.

I can't imagine paying a plumber more than 2 hours labor. What would parts/glue cost ?

Thanks for your help

Re: Pentair clean and clear 100 or Hayward C900 which is bet

What is the volume of your pool? All those filters are on the small side if your pool is over 6000 gallons.

Generally with cartridge filters, the bigger you can go the better it will perform.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.