Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Controller Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Controller Question

Still in the middle of my install and I'm just now realizing that I need to do something about controlling my Hayward TriStar 2 speed pump.

This is my first "real" pool so I don't know exactly what to expect for pump run-times, nonetheless, I'm trying to nail down a timer that can be programmed to cycle through High, Low, and Off.

Can anyone offer any advice on the Intermatic T10404R? I'm not 100% certain what I need, but this appears to be a relatively inexpensive way to control the pump.

I'm definitely open to suggestions on other timers or controllers.

18 x 36, 2' Radius Corners, Steel Walls......DIY Construction started May 2103.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW MO

Re: Controller Question

My understanding is it's 2 T104's in one box, the T104 is very reliable. I have a T104 running my single speed pump
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Controller Question

Thanks Dan, that's what I concluded from researching, but again, my pool experience wouldn't fill the bottom of a thimble, so I definitely need this information from you all.......
    18 x 36, 2' Radius Corners, Steel Walls......DIY Construction started May 2103.