Polaris 280 problem

charsand

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 4, 2009
Flower Mound/Texas
My Polaris 280 no longer moved properly in the water. I took it apart and found that the right front wheel had its teeth worn down. Would it be okay to flip flop the front and rear wheels on the right side while I am waiting for parts? Any advice regarding purchasing the full tune up kit or just the drive wheel parts....Also, the best place to purchase online....
Thanks

I swapped the wheels and the unit turns; however the tail sweep no longer sweeps...I have tightened and loosened the flow control for the tail but still nothing....almost done shocking, will have to get in pool to diagnose further. I'm not sure which kit to order, K49 or K48....any suggestions...
Thanks

I had some of the same symptoms as you with my 7-yr-old Polaris 280. I purchased a rebuild kit and a new backup valve. It still wasn't working like it used to. I noticed that I had a lot of water coming out of the pressure relief valve in the hose and read that someone had luck replacing the spring-valve with a 1" PVC plug. That did the trick for me. Cost less than $2. When I get around to it, I'll look into getting a new relief valve because I'm assuming they are somewhat necessary. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.