Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Polaris 280 problem

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound/Texas
    Posts
    41

    Polaris 280 problem

    My Polaris 280 no longer moved properly in the water. I took it apart and found that the right front wheel had its teeth worn down. Would it be okay to flip flop the front and rear wheels on the right side while I am waiting for parts? Any advice regarding purchasing the full tune up kit or just the drive wheel parts....Also, the best place to purchase online....
    Thanks
    Charlie

    18,000 gal SWG, pebble tech, Jandy filter, Jandy Aquapure
    Flower Mound, Texas

  2. Back To Top    #2

    In the Industry
    malcolmb5325's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    166

    Re: Polaris 280 problem

    A quick fix is to swap front with rear. In my experience it is always good to go for the tune up kit rather than replacing bit here and there as you replace one part then another part will fail and you start getting frustrated.
    16,000lts Fibreglass, Magna Mineral Pool Water
    Jandy CV340 Cartridge filter, Zodiac TRi SWC, Z4 iAqualink, Jandy Laminar Jets, Solar Heating, Spa Jets with Jandy 1.5hp Epump operating everything.

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound/Texas
    Posts
    41

    Re: Polaris 280 problem

    I swapped the wheels and the unit turns; however the tail sweep no longer sweeps...I have tightened and loosened the flow control for the tail but still nothing....almost done shocking, will have to get in pool to diagnose further. I'm not sure which kit to order, K49 or K48....any suggestions...
    Thanks
    Charlie

    18,000 gal SWG, pebble tech, Jandy filter, Jandy Aquapure
    Flower Mound, Texas

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Re: Polaris 280 problem

    I had some of the same symptoms as you with my 7-yr-old Polaris 280. I purchased a rebuild kit and a new backup valve. It still wasn't working like it used to. I noticed that I had a lot of water coming out of the pressure relief valve in the hose and read that someone had luck replacing the spring-valve with a 1" PVC plug. That did the trick for me. Cost less than $2. When I get around to it, I'll look into getting a new relief valve because I'm assuming they are somewhat necessary. Good luck!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •