Installed the Liquidator - Working ok

Apr 21, 2013
I installed the liquidator about 2 weeks ago. I have been testing the FC every day to figure out the flow rate. At first, FC was over 10 constantly so I obviously lowered the flow rate. A couple days later FC read 1 so I upped the flow and added more bleach. So far, in two weeks, I have added about 8 gallons of bleach to the liquidator and think that is getting stable but not there yet.

How much and how often should I be added bleach to the liquidator? It says that 4 gallons should last 2-4 weeks but at this rate, I am going to be adding 4 gallons a week which is definitely going to add up in cost.

If you figure losing 2 ppm per day FC, that's about 48 oz per day which is about 2½ gallons a week. However if you're losing 3 ppm per day that's about 70 oz per day or about 3.8 gallons per week. Both those losses are normal so that's about right what you're seeing.

What is your CYA?

Bama Rambler said:
If you figure losing 2 ppm per day FC, that's about 48 oz per day which is about 2½ gallons a week. However if you're losing 3 ppm per day that's about 70 oz per day or about 3.8 gallons per week. Both those losses are normal so that's about right what you're seeing.

What is your CYA?

Thanks for the reply and confirmation that things are normal. CYA is about 50.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.