Conversion to begin on Friday, June 22nd

FC levels were at zero this AM so I added enough bleach to get to 15. Had to make a 6 AM trip to Wallmart to get more bleach. The pool has lots of floating Crud and my sand filter is gaining about 2 PSI per hour in presure. It is suppose to be cloudy today so I am hoping I can test hourly and keep FC levels at 15 for most of the day. I under estimated the amount of bleach I would need - by about 3 times :hammer:

Question....should I vacumm the scum at the bottom or give it another day? There is a significant amount of baquagoo.

Attachments

• Day 2 7 am.jpg
    Day 2 7 am.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 46
I'd vacuum whatever solids I could out - that way you don't have to waste bleach reducing it to liquid. Consider it sort of like removing unburnt charcoal from a fire rather than trying to burn it all the way to ashes. That will probably drive your filter pressure way up, which means another backwash, and all that crud is out of the system.

Okay thanks Richard. I am having a very hard time getting my FC level above 10, probably because of all the solid waste in the pool. I have added 6, 96 oz of 8.25% bleach and it has only raised the FC to 9. Should I keep adding more bleach?

aspyksma said:
Okay thanks Richard. I am having a very hard time getting my FC level above 10, probably because of all the solid waste in the pool. I have added 6, 96 oz of 8.25% bleach and it has only raised the FC to 9. Should I keep adding more bleach?
You're probably reaching the point where you're oxidizing it as fast as you add it. I'd vacuum out the crud, backwash it away, and then see if you can't get FC up.

It sounds like you're making progress!

And once it's clean, keeping it that way will be nothing compared to this battle.

Pool is not holding FC's and the sun is out again, I am holding off on adding any additional bleach, until I can vacuum the crud and the sun goes down. So much baquagoo in the pool, it looks like a swamp.

FC 13 9:30 AM
FC 6 10:30 AM

Attachments

• Day 2 - 10 am.jpg
    Day 2 - 10 am.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 36
I woke up to a much clearer pool. I could see the bottom and vacuumed the yellow scum. FC held at 9 over night so I added enough bleach to bring it back up to 15. I began adding the bleach thru the skimmer and I seem to be getting better FC tests. Filter preasure was high this morning but after a backwash, it was back down to normal clean preasure and it seems stronger then before.

Phot was taken right after adding bleach this morning. Not much color change this AM. You can see a big difference in just 24 hours. I have to go back to work today so my daughter is going to check levels this afternoon and add bleach if necessary. Forecast is for clouds and rain. :)

Attachments

• day 3 - 6 am.jpg
    day 3 - 6 am.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Day 2 7 am.jpg
    Day 2 7 am.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 30

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You did really well! Congrats!!! How is your FC holding and your CC's?

I don't know why I ready the date wrong at the beginning of the post. But I did! :mrgreen:

Thanks, it has been quite easy, just lots and lots of bleach. I have not been testing my CC's but will begin tonight. My FC was at 9 this am, down from 15. Pool is clear but still has a slight haze. Raised the FC to 15 this morning and and hoping that I start to hold FC's tonight.

Pool went to FC of 2 during the day today but it is clear. PH is low, below my testing kit of 7 and took 10 drops to bring it up to 7.4. I looked for Borax at Wallmart but they were sold out. Question, how much borax should I add for a 15K gallon pool with that kind of PH? I am airrating now to try and bring up the PH. Pool is crystal clear. WHOO HOO and backwashed after a good vacuumiing. Only three, 121 oz bottles of Bleached used today...much improved from Day 1 and 2 where I used at least 20.

Attachments

• Day 4 7 pm.jpg
    Day 4 7 pm.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 24
I would hold off on borax for now. Finish the swap then worry down the line.

Try an OCLT tonight and see the results. You may still have more to go. Is your filter sand/DE/ or cartridge?????

I need help, I am leaving for vacation on Tueady the 2nd -thru Saturday the 6th, I need this pool to be self sustaining by the 2nd of July...what do I need to do? I can have my son do minor FC adjustments but anything mayor will be out of his abilities.

FC = 15
CC = 6
PH = 7.0 ?? maybe lower, test will not register

Pool is clear but turns a slight shade of green when adding bleach to raise
FC to 15.

Know I still have Bauquagoo in pool.

I know you all want stats, but unsure of how to speed up process. I have 6 days.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.