Brand New Pool owner with some questions

forya

Jun 18, 2013
SE Pa (Bucks County)
I just bought a foreclosed house in the northern suburbs of Philadelphia, Pa. Either the previous owner, or bank drained the Viking Caribbean fiberglass pool and it heaved and split end to end. I choose to build a whole new plaster pool and deck, and it was filled 3 weeks ago. I have been brushing everyday (usually twice a day) and adding chlorine and muratic acid, as needed by the test strips the pool company gave me.

They gave me chlorine tabs to add to the chlorinator, and they told me i could start to vacuum after 3 weeks. I have a lot of built up leaves from a giant nearby oak tree. Should I invest in a robot? The pool company did add a sweep line into the pool.

Should i also be running my pomp at 75% 24-7?

I ordered the TS-100 test kit.

Attachments

• finished.jpg
    finished.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 96
Welcome to the forum. :lol:
I have been brushing everyday (usually twice a day) and adding chlorine and muratic acid, as needed by the test strips the pool company gave me
. I think your best bet is to continue that routine for now. When your kit gets in, open it right up and perform the tests and post the results. We'll all help you get things in balance.

Hold on the robot/cleaner for now. It's a decision that involves you getting to know your pool a bit better.

NICE pool! :mrgreen:

This forum has made me an expert compared to my friends with pools. I have almost considered changing my line f work after three days of nonstop reading. It all seems a bit overwhelming, but once you get it right it's simple maintenance.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ta3a5e7a.jpg

This is what I started with.
y7ehajaz.jpg

This is what I have now, a little vacuuming and I can start swimming. Patients is the key.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.